TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We are excited that you are interested in participating in a StandWithUs mission. In the document below, you will find the official StandWithUs terms & conditions, safety & emergency policy, and waiver. Please read through the entire document carefully, and sign at the bottom of the last page. We cannot accept participants who have not signed the waiver, and please note that your signature also signifies that you have read and agree to abide by these terms and conditions and policies.
Participation in the program will only be finalized upon receipt of the following information from each participant:
Signed Waiver of Responsibility (see below) together with final payment installment as
mentioned in “payments” paragraph.
Dietary restrictions, medical insurance policy number, allergies information
General special requests- rooming requests (if relevant). We will endeavor, but cannot promise, to meet your requests.
Visas (where required) - to be obtained by participants.
ALLERGY AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS
It is the participant’s responsibility to inform StandWithUs of any allergies, medical conditions, or other restrictions that he or she may have, and which might impact his/her participation, or any of the other participants and/or staff.
StandWithUs takes no responsibility for any illness, injury, or other harm that might occur to the participant during the trip.
Group tours move at a fast pace, include a significant amount of walking, and stairs. We want to ensure that our participants are aware of this fact before signing up.
HEALTHCARE / INSURANCE:
It is the participant’s sole responsibility to purchase traveler’s insurance and healthcare plans of their choice, prior to departure, and such policies should include items such as transport home. StandWithUs will not be liable for lack of insurance coverage.
All policy numbers and information should be provided to StandWithUs up to a week before departure.
In the event of illness or injury, StandWithUs will arrange for transportation to a nearby immediate medical care facility, but all costs incurred (such as medical treatment, medicine, check-up, follow up, travel) shall be paid for by the participant.
PASSPORT VALIDITY AND VISAS:
It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure that their passports are valid for at least 6 months from date of return from the trip.
It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure that they have all required travel documents and visas.
Copies of all travel documents in the participant’s possession must be sent to StandWithUs no later than one week before departure.
All fees for visas and passports are to be borne by the participant.
PERSONAL ITEMS DISCLAIMER:
• StandWithUs is not responsible for any damage, loss, or theft that might occur to personal items, nor is StandWithUs responsible for any personal item left behind.
PAYMENTS AND REGISTRATION
Payment for participation is due in 3 installments - A $1000 deposit upon registration, 50% of the remaining sum by January 1, 2020, and the balance on February 1, 2020.Amounts and dates for expected trip- to be provided separately as itinerary. StandWithUs reserves the right to adjust itineraries due to force majeure, inclement weather, security situations, and the like. Payment must be made by credit card, through the online registration form or over the phone. Following payment of the deposit, StandWithUs will charge the remaining cost from the credit card used to pay the deposit according the fee schedule above. Registration is complete only after having filled out the complete registration form, and with the payment of a $1000 registration deposit. Prices are given in United States Dollars. In case of currency fluctuation of 3% or more, or changes in applicable taxes, we will adjust prices accordingly in order to be able to operate the tour.
Cancellations must be received in writing.
Cancellations before December 15, 2019, will be subject to $100 processing fee
Cancellations from December 16, 2019 - January 31, 2020, will be subject to a $1000 penalty
Cancellations after February 1, 2020, will not be refunded
In case of unforeseen circumstances (emergency situation beyond participant's control, weather that prevents travel, etc.) – we will endeavor to obtain a refund, which will be based on the refunds we can obtain from suppliers.
If a participant departs a hotel early without prior agreement for cancellation, credit, or refund, he or she forfeits any right for a refund.
Hotels booked as part of a group tour package may be switched with similar hotels to accommodate availability at the time of the booking. We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of similar standards. Hotel details will be stated in the final itinerary, provided to participants prior to arrival.
Any damage done to hotel by the participant will be paid for by the participant.
All items not included in the package detailed in the itinerary (e.g. room service, extra
drinks, etc.) will be charged to the participant.
StandWithUs will make efforts to ensure that meals, snacks, and drinks are allergy and dietary friendly for specific participants who listed their needs during registration. Responsibility for checking the ingredients for food and drink is solely on the participant – StandWithUs will not be held responsible for any damage or issue that might arise from the food and drink served over the trip.
StandWithUs reserves the right to change the dining options listed on itinerary as it sees appropriate.
Group meals will be served according to a set menu, determined between StandWithUs and the restaurant. Any additional dishes or drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) not on the set menu will be paid for by the participant who orders them.
StandWithUs reserves the right to make alterations to the tour itineraries as may be found appropriate or required for carrying out the tours.
Any meetings, briefings, or tours with IDF or government officials are subject to the availability of the speakers.
StandWithUs reserves the right to adjust itineraries due to force majeure, inclement weather, security situations, etc.
StandWithUs reserves the right to cancel the Mission when reasonably required by the circumstances. Notice of cancellation will be given no later than February 1, 2020. In the event of the above-mentioned cancellation, participants will be fully refunded for any deposits or payments made to STANDWITHUS by this date.
StandWithUs reserves the right to decide on which days a security guard/medic is needed.
Participants must remain with the group during all hours of activities, unless the trip leader has confirmed their absence with the StandWithUs staff. Participants who have left the group for whatever reason are responsible for their own safety and whereabouts during the time of their absence, and to return on time. During free time, participants are responsible for their own safety and whereabouts, and are responsible to return on time.
StandWithUs is not accountable for any damage, harm, or injury that might occur during the trip.
RIGHT TO DISMISS:
• StandWithUs reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any group at any time. Participants who are harmful to the group dynamic will be dismissed without a refund.
STANDWITHUS MISSION TO ISRAEL, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, LIABILITY RELEASE,
HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
I, ______________________________, ("Participant") by registering and participating in the Israel Emergency Alliance. StandWithUs and StandWithUs International dba StandWithUs Israel (hereinafter collectively “SWU”) sponsored Israel
Mission (“Mission”) and associated travel within Israel agree to the
1. Release and Waiver of Liability – I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives knowingly and voluntarily enter into this Agreement, and hereby release, waive, and discharge SWU, its agents, officers, employees, volunteers, board members, directors, advisors, contractors and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liabilities, direct or indirect, or consequential damages or expenses, whatsoever resulting from any personal injury including emotional injury, fatality, accident, illness and property loss (“Losses”) however caused, arising from or in any way related to, my participation in the Mission or in any way arising or connected to the Mission, except if solely caused by the Released Parties’ willful misconduct or gross negligence. The Released Parties shall not be liable for the faults or defaults of other companies and persons that may be used in carrying out the logistics of the Mission. In the event that SWU determines in its sole discretion that it is necessary or advisable for any reason whatsoever to alter the itinerary or any travel arrangements related to the Mission, SWU shall have no liability whatsoever as a result of any such alteration. I hereby waive my right to make any claim against the Released Parties for any Losses resulting from my participation in the Mission.
2. Indemnification and Hold Harmless – In consideration of being invited to participate in the Mission I shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless SWU and their respective officers, executives, directors, board members, employees, agents, representatives, successors, volunteers, attorneys, heirs and assigns against any and all liabilities, claims, including third-party claims, demands, losses, lawsuits, judgments, reasonable attorney fees, costs and expenses, of whatever nature and description, that occur during or arise out of my participation in the Mission and/or as a result from my negligent or willful acts or omissions, and which are determined in a final judgment rendered against SWU. I will not make any admission or offers to settle any such claim or demand without SWU’s prior written consent to same.
3. Assumption of Risk – I am voluntarily participating in the Mission and all activities related thereto, and understand the dangers and assume the risks involved. After reviewing the Itinerary of the Mission, I represent that I am physically able to participate in all aspects of the Mission. I am aware that there is a risk that certain aspects of the Mission, may be emotionally challenging. I understand that there are risks associated with international travel. I knowingly and voluntarily accept and assume responsibility for any and all risks and dangers associated, directly or indirectly, with my participation in the Mission, arising or that could arise out of, or occur during, my participation in the Mission. I have read and understood the advice regarding travel to
Israel issued by the government of my home country.
4. Mission Participants’ Independent Travel Arrangements and Activities – I agree that any travel arrangements I make for myself not associated with the Mission or not in keeping with the Mission Itinerary, as amended, I do so on my own, at my own risk and at my own cost and expense, and agree that SWU has no liability whatsoever. I agree that any activity I participate in outside of the Mission or as part of personal free time during the Mission is at my own risk and I agree that SWU has no liability whatsoever for anything that might occur while I am engaged in such activities.
5. Physician – Physical Health – I have consulted a physician of my own choice and have been advised by said physician that I am in good health, do not suffer from any physical or mental ailment or disability which requires any medical or surgical care or treatment, or which would make my travel or participation in the Mission hazardous, unwise, unwarranted or a potential source of danger to me or to others who may travel with me or who otherwise participate in the Mission.
6. SWU may, upon its sole discretion, exclude me fully or partially from the Mission due to one or more of the following reasons: (i) drug abuse, (ii) vandalism, (iii) non-disclosure, incomplete disclosure or inaccurate disclosure of information about any mental or physical ailment or disability, (iv) non-compliance with any of SWU’s or the Mission operator’s rules or instructions, (v) having provided incorrect or false information regarding any portion of my application or at any time during the registration process, (vi) improper or harassing behavior toward any organizer or participant in the Mission, or (vii) any other reason that may endanger me, the other participants, SWU or the Mission.
7. Emergency Medical Care and Coverage of Medical Costs – In case of medical, dental, or surgical emergency during the Mission, I hereby give permission to the physician selected by SWU to hospitalize, secure proper treatment for, and to order injection, anesthesia or surgery for me, if I am unable to give my consent.
8. I agree to have personal medical insurance coverage as well as travel insurance coverage which will be valid in Israel throughout the Mission which shall cover any existing medical conditions I have, or any other medical condition which may arise during the Mission. I will be responsible for all medical costs incurred on my behalf relating to any accident, illness, or medical condition during the Mission regardless of whether I have medical insurance. I authorize payment to any physician, supplier of medical related services or provider of medication for medical services or medication provided to me during the Mission.
9. Use of Information and Likeness: By signing and submitting this agreement, I agree for StandWithUs to use my name or likeness and to use photographs and/or sound and image of myself for the marketing and/or promotion of StandWithUs’ cause. I further release StandWithUs, its agents, employees, officers,representatives, partners, contractors, board members, and directors from any and all claims that I may have for any cause of action arising out of the use of my name, likeness, and/or image.
10. I have read and understood the SWU Terms and Conditions, and agree to them. I also understand that not abiding by the said Terms and Conditions could cause damage to SWU and to other participants, and entitles SWU to remove the participant from the Mission.
11. The Parties agree that the laws of the State of California shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement, Release and Indemnification without giving effect to that State's choice of law rules. In the event of any dispute, controversy, or other proceedings (including litigation or arbitration) arising out of or related to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement of all of its costs, including attorney and expert witnesses’ fees and costs.
12. I hereby irrevocably agree that the courts of California shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of, relates to or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
13. Arbitration - SWU and Participant agree that any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, or any breach thereof, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of ADR Services, Inc.
14. Miscellaneous – If any portion of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties. This agreement may only be amended in writing. This agreement shall not be interpreted against the party that drafted it. I have read this assumption of risk, release and waiver of liability agreement, and have had an opportunity to ask questions about the same and to consult with an attorney about same. I fully understand the assumption of risk, release and waiver of liability and indemnity agreement, and understand that I am relinquishing substantial rights in connection therewith. Any notice to be delivered under this agreement shall be sent to the other party by registered mail or by courier. If sent by registered mail it shall be deemed received 10 days from so posted and if sent by courier it shall be deemed received on the first business day (in the country of receipt) following the date of delivery.